Welcome to delicious vegan cuisine done right: generous portions of quinoa pasta tossed with zucchini and topped with a heavenly avocado sauce and sweet cherry tomatoes. A few dashes of fresh lemon and lime juice add some citrusy zest. You don’t have to be vegan to rejoice in this bright, refreshing, and simple meal. It’s wholesome fare that won’t drag you down!
To eat, add 10 oz boiling water to the pouch. This can also be enjoyed cold soaked, but allow a few extra minutes for the quinoa pasta to fully absorb. Bon appetit!
(Note - quinoa pasta has a firmer texture than traditional white or wheat pasta.)
Zucchini, Avocado Sauce (Avocado, Green Onion, Fresh Lemon Juice, Parsley, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Lime Juice, Garlic Salt (Himalayan Salt, Dehydrated Garlic), Garlic, Black Pepper), Tomato, Quinoa Pasta (White Rice Flour, Quinoa Flour)
Absolutely love this meal! It's one of my favorites ... I don't typically use as much water as the recipe calls for. I also love adding a packet of the lemon pepper chicken to give it some extra protein.
Purchased this for a 3 day Hiking trip (along with the entrée bundle) so that my sister and her fiance could try them. Prepared cold with the lentil lunch from the bundle and the 3 of us were full sampling both. Didn't add anything to them but boy we're they a hit with my finicky sister! Definitely purchasing again for the next trip this fall! Awesome meals!
Really enjoyed this meal after a long day on trail ... the flavors were great and fresh tasting and I added a lemon pepper chicken packet to help boost the protein. Definitely will be re-ordering this for future backpacking meals!
Really enjoyed this meal. Got to the bottom of the bag too quickly though. :(
- Ready to eat sooo quickly. Makes me realize I would have a hard time waiting for other companies' meals to sit for 15-20 minutes
- VEGAN! Simple, healthy ingredients without strange additives
- Nice creamy consistency because of the avocado
- Texture of the noodles tasted good to me (it might seem like a different texture if you're not used to quinoa or gluten-free pasta noodles)
- Pricey for a one serving meal.
- The tangy-ness is almost a bit acidic, probably because of the veggies and avocado in the sauce.I recommend adding some parmesan cheese if you're not vegan or lactose intolerant.
- Wish there were a line that showed how much water to add to the bag. I had a JetBoil with a measuring cup so that helped.
Overall a great vegan, gluten-free, easy and quick to make trail meal. If they ever go on sale I will happily buy a few more of these to keep on hand. At the current price I'll probably only buy a couple more to save as a backcountry treat.
Love the tangy flavor. So much that I overcame the disappointment of the noodles being chewy like rubber. I even let the package set for 10 minutes instead of 3 and they were still chewy. It didn't deter me though as I ate the whole thing.
So happy you enjoyed! Quinoa pasta is much chewier than wheat flour noodles, and the texture can be surprising if you haven't had them before! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.